Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User's device.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information That We Collect or Receive
We collect and receive information from and about you by different means.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, State, Province, Zip Code, City, Cookies and Usage Data.
We also collect the information that you directly provide to us, such as when you enter it on a web page, or include it in an email that you send to us. This type of collection often occurs through our business support processes, such as:
- Registration or Account Creation Processes, where we ask you to provide information such as: Contact info (e.g. name, email or phone number); Account Administration Info (e.g. user name, password, or security questions); Billing Info (e.g. credit card or other payment number, billing address); and Profile Info (e.g. profile photo, languages, likes)
- Technical and Customer Support Processes, where we may ask you to provide contact info and information related to the issue you are contacting us about.
In addition, we collect the information that you provide by entering it into certain Service features. For example, when you want to post in a forum, you provide us the content for the post (which could contain personally identifying information) which we collect and then display for you on the forum. Likewise, when you use other features such as voice or text messaging, blogs, surveys, user-generated content, activity streams, or social media, we may first collect the information you enter into the feature.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Web Beacons are small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included on our websites or in our e-mail messages.
Embedded Scripts are programming code that is temporarily downloaded onto a device, and is active only while you are connected to our website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, our Services may use a variety of other software specific technologies that automatically collect information.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may also automatically or passively collect information about your use of our Services. While information collected in this manner is not typically personal information, we may combine it in ways that make it personally identifiable. When we do so, we will treat the combined information as personal information. For example, data collected in this manner may include:
- Web browsing, network or service usage data, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
- Network connected hardware (e.g. computer or mobile device) data, such as a unique device identifier, type, model, version, error related data, status, capability, configuration, functionality, performance data, and connection type;
- Network connected software data, such as application utilization, video, audio, or content downloaded and viewed;
- Physical or geographic location data, such as country, region, city, or latitude and longitude. For example, to provide location based game matching services, we may collect latitude and longitude.
- Advertising data, such as display frequency, clicks, duration, location, or viewing software, or identifier.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may also supplement the information that we collect with information that we obtain from third parties. Likewise, if other users give us access to their profiles, we may receive information about you if you are one of their connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through their profile. Alternatively, we may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with the information we directly collect, in which case we will handle it in accordance with this policy.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Use of Data
We use non-personally identifying information without restriction. We use personally identifying information in a number of ways:
- First, we use PII for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, PII that you provide through any of our business support processes (including customer service) will be used to complete that process, and personal information entered by you through the features of our products and services will be used for the operation and delivery of those features.
- Second, while we strive to minimize our use of PII, or otherwise anonymize or aggregate it before use, we may use personal information to:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- Conduct demographic or aggregate studies for marketing, sales, planning, and business and product development;
- Provide requested products and services such as online video, and sound
- Deliver contextual or targeted advertising;
- Understand and improve our Service operations and performance
- Assist in customer service and transactions
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Information We Share
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
We may share your information within and among OmidLife.com and its affiliate for purposes related to providing you with content, products, or services, including videos, music, and general opportunities; to support various business processes; security; research and development; and so that other OmidLife.com teachers and affiliates may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
Service Providers to OmidLife.com
Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures.
When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others.
In connection with sale of the applicable business, a portion of the business, or certain assets, or a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
With third parties (with whom we use reasonable efforts to obtain their agreement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information we share with them), such as: Third party providers of products or services that you subscribe to or access through our Services. Third parties with whom we are jointly delivering services or features, such as airdrops, contests, promotions, or advertising. Third parties, who may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
Publicly Accessible Data & OmidLife.com Social Features
Certain elements of your personal information and certain information about your use of our Services are publicly accessible to other users of our Services. For example: other users of our Services will be able to see your Online ID; your profile picture (if you choose to upload a picture); and your user bio (if you choose to provide a bio). We may also publicly display other information derived from your activity on our Services.
Information You May Choose to Share
You have the option of sharing your personal information with the public or with third parties. If you choose to "share" content or to otherwise post information from or via our Services to a third-party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party web site may have access to information about you and your use of our Services. Likewise, other users may use these same features to share information about you. We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar features, or how third parties use the features to share information.You have the option of sharing your personal information with the public or with third parties. If you choose to "share" content or to otherwise post information from or via our Services to a third-party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party web site may have access to information about you and your use of our Services. Likewise, other users may use these same features to share information about you. We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar features, or how third parties use the features to share information.
You have certain choices about how your information is collected and used. You can access, amend or have your information deleted through your Account Settings page. You can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us and our affiliates, or our marketing partners, through the following mechanisms:
- E-Mail Messages: Marketing e-mails contain instructions and a link that will allow you to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails.
- Websites: You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by un-checking the box indicating your preference at the place where your information is collected.
- Customer Profile: You can manage your marketing communications preferences from the Notification Preferences tab in your Account Settings page.
- Blogs, Forums, or Message Boards: to request removal of certain of your personal information from a blog, forum, or message board, please contact us as described below.
In some cases, your choices to change or delete information you provide may affect our ability to deliver our Services, or your user experience. We may decline to process requests which are not otherwise required by law. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your Account or use of our Services and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications.
Consent to Transfer Information
Our Services are operated in various countries around the world. Please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in these countries and, as such, courts, law enforcement, and other authorities in these countries may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personal information. By using our Services or providing us with any information through them, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in these countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Security & Legal
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
OmidLife.com may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. OmidLife.com aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where OmidLife.com relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Security and Retention
We seek to maintain reasonable security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security. We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Changes to this Policy